HEART Y S t o v e t o p C h i l i
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Servings: 6 People
• 2 pounds lean or extra lean ground beef
• 2 grated carrots
• 3 cans diced tomatoes
• 4 cans tomato paste
• 4 cans red kidney beans
• 3 medium onions
• 1 clove fresh garlic
• 2 cans mushrooms (packed in water)
• 1/4 cup chili powder
• 3 tablespoons black pepper
• 1 pinch salt
D i r e c t i o n s
1. Brown the ground beef. Strain and rinse it.
2. Add the tomato paste to a large pot. For each can of tomato paste,
add 2 cans of water to make a base.
3. Strain and rinse the diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and kidney beans
and add them to the base.
4. Peel and grate the carrots and then add them to the base.
5. Dice the onions and garlic and add them to the base.
6. Add in the chili powder, black pepper, salt, and cooked ground beef.
7. Simmer for 2 hours - stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.