THRO U G H VO L U N T E E R I S M
“After my husband passed away, a friend of mine who volunteered in the
hospital gift shop asked me if I would be interested in volunteering with
her. I’m so glad I said yes. I love to help people and it’s really been good
for me to be around other people and not at home by myself.”
-Terr Ella Flood
Interested in volunteering at Hamilton?
Volunteering is an opportunity to do something meaningful and give back to the community. Hamilton volunteers are a vital part
of our patient care team. As a volunteer, you can choose the role that is right for you. Your help has a far-reaching, positive impact
on everyone who enters our doors. Apply online at HamiltonHealth.com/volunteer or call 706.272.6147.
• Anna Shaw Children’s Institute
• Bandy Endoscopy Center
• Bradley Wellness Center
• Hamilton Diabetes and Endocrinology Center
• Hamilton Diagnostics Center
• Peeples Cancer Institute
• Turner Maternal and Infant Care Center
• Westcott Behavioral Health (clerical)
• Hamilton Medical Center
• Emergency Room (18 years of age or older)
• Gift Shop
• Information Desk
• MICU (Medical Intensive Care Unit)
• Patient Services Representative
• SICU (Surgical Intensive Care Unit)
VOL U N T E E R B E N E F I T S I N C L U D E :
• Covered parking
• Complimentary meal with each shift
• Discounted membership to Bradley Wellness Center
• Discounts on non-prescription items at HMC Rx Care
• Free educational opportunities through Hamilton
• Recognition events
• Referral incentive
Each year, Hamilton Health Care System honors a Hamilton
volunteer with a very special award called the Eva McCamy Award.
remembered for her gentleness and servant leadership.
Gray Ladies were American Red Cross volunteers who provided
non-medical services to sick, injured, and disabled patients in
hospitals during World War II.
The most recent recipient of the Eva McCamy Award is Terr Ella
Flood. Terr Ella has served as a volunteer at Hamilton for 11 years.
She has worked over 4,985 hours at the Hamilton Medical Center
information desk, in the gift shop, and wherever she is needed.
VOL U N T E E R O P P O RT U N I T I E S I N C L U D E :
Our volunteers are men and women of all ages, including those who are in school, working, and retired.